Follow us on Twitter
- Mixing Muslim tradition with the American Dream in Jamaica, Queens
- Pro-NYPD Muslims
- Muslims in New York City, Part I
- Mayor Bloomberg on the "Mosque Controversy," Part I
- The engineering of the postsecular city between mosque and church
- Helping to Break the Cycle of Family Instability December 19, 2014Can people in bad, poor areas break out of the cycle of family instability that puts children at risk academically, economically, socially, and emotionallya cycle currently working its way through the working class? As we describe in our 2014 report for the National Marriage Project, “Facilitating Forever,” community organizations receiving federal funding approved by both […]
- We Have Never Been Modern December 19, 2014Bruno Latour’s 1993 We Have Never Been Modern is a neglected masterpiece. Its argument is compressed, the terminology idiosyncratic. Latour is witty, ironic, and funniest when he’s outraged. It’s not an easy book, but it’s worth the effort. As a diagnosis of us “moderns,” it’s more penetrating, and rings truer, than many better-known works.Charles Taylor’s recent, magisterial, […]
- George Frideric Handel's Messiah
- Harlem Faith after the American Revolution
- New Harlem Village & Church
- Harlem and the Dutch debate over slavery in New Amsterdam
- Harlem 1948 Episode 3 The candy-making family
Jews of NYC
- "Ed Koch was our Moses" -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg
- From Danceteria to The JCC: ‘70’s child Shira Dicker finally has a Bat Mitzvah (party)
- We pray that the sunshine quickly returns to Jerusalem.
- The fading away of the Liberal Jew in NYC. Reflections by Professor Jack Wertheimer
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!