Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Follow us on Twitter
- Kunta Kinte of Highbridge, Bronx Community District 5
- Pro-NYPD Muslims
- OpEd by Imam Khalid Latif: The importance of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. for Muslims
- Troubled peace in NYC’s Muslim community. Part 1
- “In Bruges” in Bruges July 31, 2015Rome is the foundation of the University of Notre Dame architecture and urban design curriculum, and properly so. Nevertheless, every year for the past ten years I have traveled from Notre Dame to meet a new class of graduate urban design students (themselves up from Rome on spring break) for a week in the small […]
- The Dorothy Day Option July 31, 2015Last month, David Brooks published a column titled “The Next Culture War.” In it, he offers public-relations advice for Christians in the post-Obergefell eraan era when fewer people identify as Christians, and when laws and mores are moving farther away from basic Christian values.Brooks warns contemporary Christians that when we try to engage in public […]
- Handel's Messiah, Part 2, 30. Behold, the sorrow! by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir and Chamber Orchestra
- Harlem 1948 Episode 2 The Preacher
- Handel's Messiah. Part 1, 11. A Light out of Darkness by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir & Chamber Orchestra
- Handel's Messiah Part 2, 38. "Glad tidings of good things" by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir & Chamber Orchestra
- Leaders of Glad Tidings Tabernacle confess judgment before NY Attorney General
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!