Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Follow us on Twitter
Williamsburg & Greenpoint
- The Catholics of #Williamsburg and #Greenpoint, #Brooklyn
- Biography of Williamsburg and Greenpoint evangelicals through a biography of a church
- The Jews of Williamsburg & Greenpoint
- Illustrated Explorer's Guide to Williamsburg & Greenpoint
- The evangelicals in 19th Century Williamsburg and Greenpoint
- Evangelicals when Williamsburg turned into a city, Greenpoint into a town and both into Brooklyn
- The Word and the Rule of Faith January 30, 2015Evangelicalism is awash in the 3Rs: retrieval, renewal, and ressourcement. As Michael Allen and Scott Swain explain in Reformed Catholicity, recently published by Baker Academic press, various movements have emerged sharing the conviction that “the path to theological renewal lies in retrieving resources from the Christian tradition.” In their view, these efforts have been haphazard, […]
- That Our Children May Be Born January 30, 2015A bill before the Indiana state legislature has revived what is becoming a perennial debate: what information should be provided to pregnant women who receive a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome? The bill in question proposes to ban abortions due to either the sex of the fetus or a prenatal diagnosis of a genetic difference […]
- The Negro Churches of Harlem in 1930, Part 2 by George H. Hobart
- Harlem 1948 Episode 5 My man, sweet as chocolate!
- Faint Sounds of Jazz in the Catholic church
- The Power of Ancestry
- Handel's Messiah, Part 1, 4. Chorus "And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed" by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir & Chamber Orchestra
Jews of NYC
- From Danceteria to The JCC: ‘70’s child Shira Dicker finally has a Bat Mitzvah (party)
- Video Feature: Portraits of life in a Russian Jewish Cemetery
- David Brooks on The meaning of Pomegranate, a Whole Foods for Orthodox Jews
- Video: Wed, Jan 15th is Tu B'Shevat, the Jewish Arbor Day
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!