Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
- Mary Lou Williams' Mass
- Cardinal Timothy Dolan speaks about resignation of Pope Benedict
- Red Hat on the Empire State Building
- Dawn Eden’s Lives of the Saints for victims of sexual abuse
- William F. Buckley, Jr. The Catholic Standard-Bearer of Conservatism
- Pope Francis I (Updated March 16, 2013)
- Lessons From Dietrich von Hildebrand November 26, 2014Dietrich von Hildebrand (18891977) was a German Catholic philosopher, part of a circle of thinkers that first formed around Edmund Husserl, founder of the philosophical method known as “phenomenology.” Others in that circle included Max Scheler, on whom Karol Wojtyla (St. John Paul II) wrote his second doctoral thesis, and Edith Stein, now St. Teresa […]
- Not Yet November 25, 2014As a response to the recent Marriage Pledge, we are republishing Russell D. Moore’s contribution to the symposium The Church and Civil Marriage. Ed. With the legal affirmation of same-sex marriage in some states, should churches, synagogues, and mosques stop performing civil marriages? No, not yet. Marriage is, of course, more than a matter of statecraft. […]
- Faint Sounds of Jazz in the Catholic church
- The Negro Churches of Harlem in 1930, Part 2 by George H. Hobart
- Handel's Messiah, Part 1, 4. Chorus "And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed" by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir & Chamber Orchestra
- Illustrated New York City Mormon Chronology
- The Power of New York’s "Burned-Over" Districts
Jews of NYC
- We pray that the sunshine quickly returns to Jerusalem.
- The fading away of the Liberal Jew in NYC. Reflections by Professor Jack Wertheimer
- Jesus the New York Jew
- The Rabbi's Girls present "Songs of Religion & Rebellion" & "Shira's Belated 1970s Bat Mitzvah Dance Party!"
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!