Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Follow us on Twitter
- OpEd by Imam Khalid Latif: The importance of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. for Muslims
- Mosque is an oasis in Crown Heights, Brooklyn
- NYC Muslims -- No Time for the Quran
- Troubled peace in NYC’s Muslim community. Part 1
- Talking Calvinism with Robert H. Schuller May 29, 2015One day in the spring of1990, I received a phone call from Professor Hendrikus Berkhof, a well-known theologian at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands. He was visiting Southern California and had a free day before flying out. “I would like to see Fuller Seminary,” he said. Having never spent time with Professor Berkhof, […]
- The Wrong Way to Respond to Critics May 29, 2015Last month, Jeffrey Sachs and Ban Ki-moon, arguably the most powerful proponents of abortion and population control in the world, were offered a platform at the Vatican during a conference on climate change.I asked the Chancellor of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences (PAS), Monsignor Marcelo Sánchez Sorondo, who helped coordinate the event, what he thought […]
- Peter Stuyvesant's relentless quest for order in New Amsterdam pushes Africans out of the church
- Handel’s Messiah, Part 1,2. Recitative by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir and Chamber Orchestra
- The Power of a Pioneer Harlem Woman. Updated with video!
- Harlem 1948 Episode 11 Aunt Hattie, Church Detective
- Handel’s Messiah Part 3, 49-51. Victory by The Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir & Chamber Orchestra
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!