Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Follow us on Twitter
Mosque City NY
- Get to know Mosque City NY 2015. Updated!
- The period of New York Muslim experimentation, 1893-1939
- The era of African American Islam
- The immigrant era of NYC Muslims
- Evangelical Church Growth
- NYC's Brazilian "Black Swans"
- Postsecular NYC & Jacob Riis
- "An infectious embrace of the urban landscape"
- 2000 NYC Religious Census
- The Making of the Postsecular City. The Manhattan Evangelicals, Part 1
- Fake History January 18, 2017Speaking of public policy debates, Daniel Patrick Moynihan famously said that, while everyone had a right to his opinion, no one had a right to his own facts. Something similar might be said about today’s debates within the Church: Everyone has a right to their opinion about the state of Catholicism in 2017, but no […]
- A Response to the Bishops of Malta January 18, 2017The Vatican's L'Osservatore Romano has published a document by the bishops of Malta to the priests of their diocese, approving Holy Communion for divorced and remarried Catholics sans annulment. The document first spends a paragraph on cohabiting couples and those who are only civilly married. “These situations call for ‘pastoral care that is merciful and […]
- The Great BQE Disruption of evangelicals in Williamsburg-Greenpoint
- 400th Anniversary of King James Bible Celebrated in NYC @ MOBIA
- From Pepper Street Gang to Glorious Brooklyn: Jackie Robinson’s faith journey
- Thursday, June 9, 2016 will be Anniversary Day, a celebration of the Sunday Schools of NYC
- Jackie Robinson's Brooklyn
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!