Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Follow us on Twitter
Mosque City NY
- The era of African American Islam
- Get to know Mosque City NY 2015. Updated!
- A painful end to 2015
- The immigrant era of NYC Muslims
- Evangelical Church Growth
- NYC's Brazilian "Black Swans"
- Postsecular NYC & Jacob Riis
- "An infectious embrace of the urban landscape"
- 2000 NYC Religious Census
- The Making of the Postsecular City. The Manhattan Evangelicals, Part 1
- Where I Was Wrong Part II: Iraq October 27, 2016Donald Trump didn’t emerge solely from the passions of his enthusiasts. He emerged also from the wreckage of a center-right that has made many mistakes and been too slow to learn. If we are going to move forward, NeverTrumpers like me should be clear about where we have gone wrong and what we have learned. […]
- The End of an Era, the Interment of an Event October 26, 2016Alfred Emmanuel Smith (1873-1944) served as Governor of New York for four terms and earned the gratitude of all civilized people by opposing Prohibition when that disastrous experiment in social engineering was, weirdly, at the center of our national politics. In 1928, Al Smith was the Democratic candidate for the presidency and took a bludgeoning […]
- Journey Dowser Retrospectives. Part V in the series
- Illustrated Explorer's Guide to God's Row Ralph Avenue, Crown Heights
- Journey Retros on disruptions and catastrophes. Retrospectives III
- THE NATIONAL MOURNING for President Abraham Lincoln at Broadway Tabernacle
- Immigration is driving the founding of new mosques
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!