Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Follow us on Twitter
Mosque City NY
- Get to know Mosque City NY 2015. Updated!
- Mosque building is pretty recent but Muslims have been here since the beginning of the city
- Immigration is driving the founding of new mosques
- The immigrant era of NYC Muslims
- Evangelical Church Growth
- NYC's Brazilian "Black Swans"
- Postsecular NYC & Jacob Riis
- "An infectious embrace of the urban landscape"
- 2000 NYC Religious Census
- The Making of the Postsecular City. The Manhattan Evangelicals, Part 1
- France is a Broken Country April 24, 2017The results of the first round of France’s 2017 presidential election have predictably been portrayed as embodying a struggle between “globalists” and “nationalists” that is replicated across the world. This division will be further underscored by the election’s second round, between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen, insofar as they are regarded as symbolizing this […]
- Paterson: A Film to Remember April 24, 2017Every year, at least one film gains widespread acclaim but, for whatever reason, never takes off at the box office. One example is last year’s Paterson , which passed by so quickly that even many regular moviegoers missed it. Now that it’s available on DVD , viewers have another chance to discover one of the […]
- Faith on the decks of the Titanic
- Isaiah 53's Man of Sorrows with Reverend Tim Keller and art from the Museum of Biblical Art, Manhattan
- THE NATIONAL MOURNING for President Abraham Lincoln at Broadway Tabernacle
- The Chapel. The Great Heart of The Bowery Mission
- Chinese American Genealogy
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!