Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
Jesus the New Yorker
- Part 5: The Making of the Postsecular City. The Manhattan Evangelicals and the City's comeback
- Jesus the New York Jew
- Part 6: The Making of the Postsecular City. The Manhattan Evangelicals' comeback in 1978
- The Evangelical Squad by New York Times
- Evangelical Church Growth
Catholics in NYC
- Mary Lou Williams' Mass
- Catholics curb their enthusiasm
- Cardinal Timothy Dolan speaks about resignation of Pope Benedict
- God's Row, Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn: Ukrainians' second home--Catholic Holy Ghost Church
- Cardinal Timothy Dolan's Benediction at the 2012 Democratic National Convention
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!