Every Dec. 12, Mexicans celebrate the Virgin Mary because they believe she appeared to a peasant at the hill of Tepeyac, near Mexico City, in the 1500s. This tradition continues with Mexican immigrants in the South Bronx, as they gather with the congregation of St. Augustine’s Catholic Church.
Home › Irasema Romero
A Journey through Williamsburg-Greenpoint religions
- The evangelical Christians of Williamsburg-Greenpoint
- The Jews of Williamsburg & Greenpoint
- Surprising truth about Billburg & Greenpoint: thick with religious faith and practice
Jews of NYC
- Ed Koch, ready to give God trouble. We will miss him. December 12, 1924 - February 1, 2012
- Lost and found department: synagogues of Manhattan
- Video: Wed, Jan 15th is Tu B'Shevat, the Jewish Arbor Day
- South American Jews coalescence around new Torah in Manhattan
- Boundaries Blur Between Jews and Christians in Shocking Ways
- From Danceteria to The JCC: ‘70’s child Shira Dicker finally has a Bat Mitzvah (party)
- Jewish organization helps other Jews to leave Hasidic Judaism
Churches in Schools controversy
- Mayor Bloomberg closes Brooklyn worship services of 9 religious groups. The list.
- Right to Worship Resolution passes NY City Council by 38-11
- Seen today: homeless church goers camping out on City Hall's steps
- City Council expected to vote today on allowing houses of worship to meet in public schools
- Mayor Bloomberg closes Manhattan worship services of 25 religious groups. The list.
Don’t see your religious interest or site?
Don't worry. We will get to them down the road.
If you have any suggestions of religious sites to visit or people to talk to, we would love your advice. Just leave a comment or email us at email@example.com.
Look forward to seeing you down the road!