Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On May 14, 2015 we had our 23,600,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an online magazine that ventures new ways of reporting about religion. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (62 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (55 comments)
Journey snow days great for faith photos!
- Kenya: Thousands Attend Italian Nun’s Beatification May 24, 2015Sister Irene Stefani arrived in Kenya in 1915, where she served as a Red Cross nurse and treated East African soldiers wounded during World War I.
- Pope’s Focus on Poor Revives Scorned Theology May 24, 2015Pope Francis often uses language that echoes liberation theology, the Latin American movement embracing the poor that conservatives once scorned as Marxist.
- Salvadorans Flock to Honor Beloved Archbishop on Path to Sainthood May 24, 2015People crowded the streets in San Salvador for a ceremony to beatify Archbishop Óscar Romero, who was assassinated in 1980 as the country lurched toward civil war.
- Aging Catholic nuns get care at Jewish nursing home May 24, 2015NEW YORK (AP) — For 98-year-old Sister Angela Rooney, it was one of the most jarring moves of her life.
- Catholics organize to promote pope's climate change message May 24, 2015NEW YORK (AP) — There will be prayer vigils and pilgrimages, policy briefings and seminars, and sermons in parishes from the U.S. to the Philippines.
- Church reels after Ireland's huge 'Yes' to gay marriage May 24, 2015The once-dominant Catholic Church in Ireland was trying to come to terms Sunday with an overwhelming vote in favour of gay marriage, saying it needed a "new language" with which to speak to people. As jubilant "Yes" supporters nursed their hangovers after partying late into the night following Saturday's referendum result, the faithful attended mass […]
May 15, 2015, 6:00am EDT
Hillsong services in Manhattan are increasingly attended by tourists, joining other iconic religious tourist stops such as gospel masses in Harlem, St. Patrick's and St. ...
May 11, 2015, 6:00am EDT
Evangelical abolitionists & evangelist DL Moody in Brooklyn, Dominican Memorial Day, Journey in Indonesia & Anthony Bradley on racism
May 8, 2015, 6:00am EDT
Just after the cab passes the 250-foot mark, which puts the riders in the 1760s, St. Paul’s Chapel rises prominently on the same site that ...
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
"WHERE SIN ABOUNDED, GRACE DID MUCH MORE ABOUND."
— Romans 5:20
We help the troubled youth and their families.
Sun 11:00 AM @PS/MS 34 Franklin Delano Roosevelt
(corner of Ave. D & 12th St.)
Office: 393 E 8th St
(212) 614-0370 email@example.com
Pastors Rick & Arlene Del Rio
Abounding Grace Ministries
We work for our community in their needs.
Pastor Iulio Wally
ACM, Woodside, Queens
Out of Africa, we are committed to evangelism!
737-739 Concourse Village West
Bishop Peter & Prophetess Theresa Ansah
Calvary Deliverance Christian Assembly, Bronx
Mainly South Americans.
Pastor Patrocinio Acevedo
Iglesia De Dios Pentecostal el Amparo DiVino, North Staten Island
Promise has a mission center, a gym open to the public, a Christian school and has started 14 other educational centers.
130-30 31st Ave
Rev James Narn Soo Kim
Promise Church, Flushing, Queens
Wholistic and multi-ethnic.
1175 Boston Rd, 718-328-6072
Bishop Joseph A Alexander
New Convenant Christian Ministry, Bronx
El Bethel has Italian American roots but is very diverse.
Pastor Nelson Naicker
El Bethel Assembly of God of SI
Our ministry started as a Christian rehab center. We never close our doors to people.
609 E 182 St
Pastor Jose Vargas
Libres por Jesucristo, Bronx
Mt Zion empowers members to seek higher education. "Upon Mount Zion, you shall be holy and be delivered, then you will possess your Possessions." Obadiah 1:17
Prophet Daniel Martol
Mt Zion Intl Ministry, Staten Island
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
Sufjan Stevens on faith & life in the Noisy Age
On March 31 Brooklyn artist released album “Carrie & Lowell” in honor of his mother and step-dad.
The Welcome Wagon's "Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices"
Mi Casa Uptown
@RichPerez729 Christ Crucified Fellowship, Washington Heights Growing up in Uptown NYC, a trip to the grocery store isn't just a trip to the grocery store. It's a time to getaway and say whats up to friends, go on adventure, see things and share your world with friends. I hope we never lose that sense of faith and adventure as we grow older. Lyrics: Rich Perez Production: Andy Mineo Video Work: Scouts Honor Media