Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On June 9, 2016 we had our 32,400,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an incubator and educator for new ways of doing religion reporting and understanding the postsecular city. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (63 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (56 comments)
Our crack reporter senses the Buddha is close.
- Revolt of the Masses June 28, 2016The loyalty culture and the flavor of the working-class rebellion.
- At the Edge of Inside June 24, 2016Organizations have insiders and outsiders, and then there’s a third position.
- A Nation of Healers June 21, 2016Even from the hardest places to live there are upbeat dispatches.
- A Last Look at the Romney Dream May 24, 2016Gaming out a Mitt-as-independent bid, because the next five months are too miserable to contemplate.
- Regarding the Trumpenproletariat May 17, 2016The nature of Trump's working class support, and its implications for liberals and the left.
- The Pessimist’s Case Against Trump May 10, 2016A word to the Trump-curious on Trump versus George W. Bush.
- Tackling Teen Pregnancy (With More Than Just Sex Ed) June 23, 2016A program gives kids a stake in the future.
- New York Makes History, with Tampons and Pads June 21, 2016Menstrual products will be available where they are desperately needed.
- Why The First 1,000 Days Matter Most June 20, 2016We've neglected nutrition in utero and infancy, with devastating consequences.
- Breakaway Catholic group accuses pope of spreading errors June 29, 2016VATICAN CITY (AP) — A breakaway traditionalist Catholic group accused Pope Francis on Wednesday of spreading confusion and errors about the faith, joining a chorus of conservative criticism over his perceived lax doctrine and emphasis on mercy at the expense of morals.
- Lawyer in church shooting case calls prosecutor reckless June 29, 2016CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — An attorney defending the man accused of fatally shooting nine black parishioners in Charleston, South Carolina, says a state prosecutor is making reckless misstatements by implying a federal death sentence might not be carried out.
- Austria captain Christian Fuchs retires from national team June 29, 2016VIENNA (AP) — Austria captain Christian Fuchs is retiring from the national team, a week after Austria was eliminated from the European Championship.
Young New York Muslims, Robbed of Ramadan rest by Orlando & Istanbul shootings by Liz Robbins of The New York Times
June 28, 2016, 11:30pm EDT
There are nine mosques in the Bay Ridge area now, according to “A Journey through NYC religions,” and several Turkish language mosques in Brooklyn & ...
June 13, 2016, 2:03pm EDT
This is no mere attack on a group of individuals. It is an attack on religion and democracy.
May 30, 2016, 11:10am EDT
"Honorable Distinction" at Mount Pisgah Baptist Church
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
Cities as Sacred Spaces
Join Journey for plenary address by Pauline Dolle at national conference held at NY Theological Seminary
12 Noon, Thursday, May 26, 2016
The Interchurch Center, 475 Riverside Drive, New York
Conference will cover the celebrations, diversity, wealth, power, knowledge, and ecology of cities.
RSVP for plenary luncheon or more information about conference: firstname.lastname@example.org
112-20 Sutphin Blvd
Pastor Jill Mattocks
God's Guys & Girls Regenerated Ministry, Jamaica, Queens
We emphasize evangelism and ministry for children and women.
Rev. Iraida Martino
Iglesia Evangelica Los Del Camino De Cristo
Prayer for miracles and wonders based on the Word.
483 E Tremont Ave
Founded March 27, 1995
Rev Kwame Frimpong-Marfo
Christ Apostolic Church Intl
The Walks: in the Word, in Victory.
Bishop Joseph L Ricks
Victory Church in Jesus Christ Intl, North Staten Island
Branch of a Bronx Ghanaian church.
The Apostolic Church of SI
Click image for info on Mosque City NY
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
"Moses Goes Down" by Nina Paley
Exodus 3-7 featuring Moses & the Burning Bush. Music by Louis Armstrong & Sy Oliver’s Orchestra
"The Fire of the Messiah" by Gad Elbaz
Israeli folk singer Gad Elbaz and his father Benny Elbaz's duet "The Fire of the Messiah" (in Hebrew, Esh Shel Mashiach). "I have the fire of the Messiah, the fire of the Messiah in my heart."
Nina Paley's "Frogs"
Video of Exodus 3-7 featuring Moses & the Burning Bush. Music by Louis Armstrong & Sy Oliver’s Orchestra