Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On July 10, 2014 we had our 16,500,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an online magazine that ventures new ways of reporting about religion. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (85 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (61 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (61 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (55 comments)
- For Two Slain Americans, Commitment Came Early July 22, 2014The two were killed on Sunday, in what was the deadliest day yet for both sides in the conflict between Israel and Hamas.
- Questions About Tactics and Targets as Civilian Toll Climbs in Israeli Strikes July 22, 2014A strike that killed 25 members of four households gathered for Ramadan was the latest in a series of Israeli attacks that have hit families in their homes.
- Israel’s Gaza Incursion Sets Off Protests in Europe July 22, 2014Thousands of pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered in European cities over the weekend in a sign of Israel’s growing isolation.
- Thieves steal air conditioners from rural Tennessee churches July 22, 2014By Tim Ghianni NASHVILLE Tenn. (Reuters) - Thieves have been stealing central air conditioning units from rural Tennessee churches during a scorching summer heat wave, and they'll face hell fire for eternity if they're not caught here on earth, a church official said on Tuesday. He's the almighty," said Bill Casteel, an elder at Union Gro
- ISIS Torches 1800-Year-Old Mosul Church After Expelling Christians July 22, 2014ISIS, which recently rebranded as the Islamic State, has solidified its control over Iraq's second-largest city by imposing Sharia law and expelling Christians who won't convert to Islam. Friday at noon was the deadline for Christian families to meet ISIS’s demands: Convert to Islam, pay an anachronistic Islamic tax for non-Muslims known as jizya,
- Homemade explosive goes off at Santiago church, another defused July 22, 2014A homemade incendiary device exploded outside the entrance to a Santiago church early Tuesday morning, but no one was hurt and there was minor damage, government spokesman Alvaro Elizalde said. "As a government we are working with the police to discover who is behind these explosive devices," Interior minister Rodrigo Penailillo said.
July 21, 2014, 6:00am EDT
Bulldozers uprooted congregations, 5000+ people. A Journey RetroShare A Journey!More
July 17, 2014, 10:41pm EDT
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Church runs this manageable, fun fiesta of immigrants from Nola, just outside of Naples, Italy.Share A Journey!More
July 7, 2014, 6:00am EDT
Soul searching over homecooking at St. Lydia's. Part 1Share A Journey!More
Bushwick, Brooklyn started!
Brooklyn Historical Society is located 128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 at the corner of Clinton Street in Brooklyn Heights.
Hours: Wednesday-Sunday, 12-5pm
Community-based, hospitality, diakonal care, choir, dance
120-02 Marsden St
Sun 8am, 11am
Deacon David R Bishop
Merrick Park Baptist Church, Jamaica, Queens
The Walks: in the Word, in Victory.
Bishop Joseph L Ricks
Victory Church in Jesus Christ Intl, North Staten Island
112-20 Sutphin Blvd
Pastor Jill Mattocks
God's Guys & Girls Regenerated Ministry, Jamaica, Queens
Preaching on current issues and salvation.
Founded 1928. Church building originally built by Deutsche Evangelische St. Peterskirche.
262 Union Ave, Bi-lingual service 1pm
Rev Rafael Olavarria
Iglesia Pentecostal Misionera, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Worship, home groups and community service
5:30 pm @ St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 334 S. 5th St., 718.369.7973
Rev Vito Aiuto
Resurrection Presbyterian Church
Do you say, I'll go to church when pigs can fly?
Come visit us at our Postmark Cafe, 326 6th St!
Sunday – 10:30 a.m. or 6 p.m.
Service Location: 339 8th Street, Brooklyn
between 5th and 6th Aves (The Camp Friendship Building)
Pastor Brad Canning
Church of Park Slope, Brooklyn
We specialize in personal relationships.
231 Ainslie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Robert Elkin
Williamsburg Church, Brooklyn
15-43 149th St
Rev Joseph Hwang
First Presbyterian Church Korean Congregation of Queens, Whitestone
We emphasize evangelism and ministry for children and women.
Rev. Iraida Martino
Iglesia Evangelica Los Del Camino De Cristo
We are driven to serve the community.
98-20 37th Ave
Rev Merv Berrio
Centro Biblico, Corona, Queens
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
PBS releases updated feature on A Journey through NYC religions!
“A Journey’s” firsthand reporting often turns conventional wisdom on its head.
Xu Bing and the Phoenix
A paen to the Chinese migrant worker inspired by Buddhist values. Xu lived in NYC for 20 years and considers it his 2nd home.
They think of themselves as Muslim hipsters and call themselves Mipsterz.
Tim Keller. 25 Years in Manhattan
Singer Asha Sing & Poet Ramya Ramana
Mayor De Blasio’s inauguration poet mixes activism with faith.
J-2′s journey to outer space is being planned!