Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On November 12, 2015 we had our 28,000,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an incubator and educator for new ways of doing religion reporting and understanding the postsecular city. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (63 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (55 comments)
Our crack reporter senses the Buddha is close.
- My Life as a Muslim in the West’s ‘Gray Zone’ November 29, 2015With the attacks in Paris, ISIS has declared war on the ‘‘gray zone.’’ But the language of some American politicians is also questioning coexistence.
- Q. and A.: Christina Lin on China’s Antiterrorism Efforts November 26, 2015In an interview, Ms. Lin discussed the impact of the recent attacks in Paris and elsewhere and the current crackdown in the western Chinese region of Xinjiang.
- Peace Deal Comes With Hummus at Israeli Restaurant November 25, 2015The owner of the Hummus Bar is giving half off every hummus plate to tables shared by Jews and Arabs.
- Pope brings peace message to Africa amid security fears November 25, 2015Pope Francis wants to bring a message of peace and reconciliation to an Africa torn by extremist violence, but security concerns are so high that he might be forced to make changes to his itinerary for the final leg of the trip.
- Security fears high as Pope embarks on landmark Africa trip November 25, 2015Pope Francis flew out of Rome on Wednesday, bound for Kenya on the first leg of a landmark trip to Africa fraught with security concerns. The 78-year-old pontiff, the third pope to visit the continent, is also scheduled to visit Uganda and the troubled Central African Republic (CAR) on a six-day trip. The CAR leg […]
- Police: Newborn left in Christmas nativity manger at church November 25, 2015NEW YORK (AP) — For a short time Monday afternoon, the Christmas manger at a New York City church might've been able to pass for the real thing: A newborn baby, with the umbilical cord still attached, was abandoned there. Now, New York City police are searching for whoever left the child.
November 23, 2015, 6:00am EST
Chef Han Lien prepares sumptuous Sunday meals for his church.
November 22, 2015, 7:30am EST
“Everybody can be great,” said Martin Luther King, Jr., “because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t ...
November 20, 2015, 6:00am EST
They knew that they were on a journey in this world towards Heaven. PBS' The Pilgrims, WNET-13 Nov 24 8pm, Nov 26 9:30pm
OpEd: The future of religion in the underbelly of Paris. Updated with info on planned attacks on churches
November 19, 2015, 11:37am EST
There are communities that are gold mines for ISIS recruiters.
November 15, 2015, 9:09am EST
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
November 11, 2015, 12:00pm EST
Diwali, the joyful festival of lights, will be observed November 11
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
1205 Ave P
Russian Kings Highway Church, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
-------------------------- We combine worship and community service.
45-57 149th Street
Rev Solomon Hu
New Life Chinese Christian Church, Flushing, Queens
We emphasize evangelism and our Bible correspondence courses.
Sun service 11:45am
1277-D Burke Avenue
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 652-1082/(718) 881- 1384
Mr. Ronald Smith
Bronx Church of Christ
Loving, teaching, training.
3752 Third Ave, 718-538-6578
Pastor Emmaline Carter
Full Gospel Church of Christ, Bronx
Love with unity in service
138-35 Springfield Blvd
Pastor Garven A Graham
Agape Church of God, Springfield Gardens, Queens
What's happening at A Journey this Fall!
See our upcoming features!
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
Nina Paley's Frogs
Video of Exodus 3-7 featuring Moses & the Burning Bush. Music by Louis Armstrong & Sy Oliver’s Orchestra
Kitchens of Faith: German Caraway Eggs at St. Thomas Lutheran Church & African Tartale at Vineyard Christian Center
Chef Debbie Yeung explores what New Yorkers in the Bronx are cooking in their houses of worship.