Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On March 23, 2015 we had our 22,500,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an online magazine that ventures new ways of reporting about religion. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (62 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (55 comments)
Journey snow days great for faith photos!
- Beef Ban in India Reaches Into Cages of Lions and Tigers March 30, 2015The prohibition has had a broad effect on everyday life, including for animals at a national park in Mumbai.
- High in the Mountains and Monasteries of Georgia March 29, 2015This former Soviet republic is perfect for budget travelers who like their bumpy bus rides to end in mountain villages with lots of good, affordable wine.
- Rev. Lyle E. Schaller Dies at 91; Helped Protestant Churches Survive and Grow March 29, 2015Mr. Schaller had published 55 books since 1964, edited 41 more and visited about 6,000 churches, offering advice on how to grow congregations.
- Indiana governor defends religious freedom law March 29, 2015By Alina Selyukh WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Indiana Governor Mike Pence on Sunday defended a new state law that opponents worry may support discrimination against gay people, saying he had no plans to add extra protections but would consider new suggestions from state legislators. Pence, speaking on ABC's "This Week," sought to counter criticism from protesters […]
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence scrambles to 'clarify' new religious freedom law March 29, 2015In an interview with the Indianapolis Star, Gov. Pence did not detail his legislative plans for the new law, other than to indicate that any changes wouldn’t be sweeping. The list includes Apple and Wal-Mart as well the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard (who’s a Republican) and major local employers, including Alcoa, Cummins, […]
- Tanzania president warns of rising religious tensions before referendum March 29, 2015By Fumbuka Ng'wanakilala DAR ES SALAAM (Reuters) - Tanzania's president said tensions between Muslims and Christians were rising ahead of a constitutional referendum and elections and warned religious leaders against political meddling, saying this could stoke violence. A spate of violent attacks on Christian and Muslim leaders over the past few years has raised […]
Video: Kitchens of Faith for Easter: German Caraway Eggs at St. Thomas Lutheran Church & African Tartale at Vineyard Christian Center
March 29, 2015, 6:00am EDT
Reporter Debbie Yeung explores what New Yorkers in the Bronx are cooking for Easter: German Caraway Eggs at St. Thomas Lutheran Church ; and African ...
March 25, 2015, 6:00am EDT
Who are the true heirs of the Moynihan Report 50 years later?
March 23, 2015, 6:00am EDT
Why did Moynihan’s good intentions end up with such disappointing results? The missing faith factor. Part II in series
March 12, 2015, 6:00am EDT
“The Moynihan Report,” was released as a seemingly bland government report in March 1965
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
We display the love of our family circle
555 W 182nd St
Rev Ola Graham-Boyd
Prince of Peace Universal Tabernacle
Thanks, Rev. Lee!
Rev John Lee
NY Chinese 7th Day Adventist Church
Lots of medical folks in this ministry.
Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Morrisania, Bronx
By God's grace we bring people from the streets into our family.
880 E 180th St
Rev Moises Nieves
Christian Family Church, Bronx
Comedy night for the community.
Pastor Ephraim Garcia
House of Restoration Family Worship, North Staten Island
Here you can come and find someone to love you! We also work in missions in 6 countries.
413 E 187th St
Pastor Curtis Peart
Trinity Faith Pentecostal Church of God, Bronx
Reaching out, helping out!
262 Boerum St
Pastor Julio Pacheco
Iglesia de Dios Nos Sectaria, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
1 church in two locations.
Rev Sylvia Smith
Mt Sinai United Christian Stapleton, Staten Island
Do you say, I'll go to church when pigs can fly?
Come visit us at our Postmark Cafe, 326 6th St!
Sunday – 10:30 a.m. or 6 p.m.
Service Location: 339 8th Street, Brooklyn
between 5th and 6th Aves (The Camp Friendship Building)
Pastor Brad Canning
Church of Park Slope, Brooklyn
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
The Welcome Wagon's "Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices"
Mi Casa Uptown
@RichPerez729 Christ Crucified Fellowship, Washington Heights Growing up in Uptown NYC, a trip to the grocery store isn't just a trip to the grocery store. It's a time to getaway and say whats up to friends, go on adventure, see things and share your world with friends. I hope we never lose that sense of faith and adventure as we grow older. Lyrics: Rich Perez Production: Andy Mineo Video Work: Scouts Honor Media
Journey & identity in Australian Outback
In 1977, Robyn Davidson walked 1,700 miles across the Australian outback. National Geographic sent Rick Smolan to photograph her perilous journey—a trek that tested and transformed them, forming an immutable bond that continues to this day. See the project at http://mediastorm.com/clients/inside-tracks-for-against-all-odds
Facing your fears on a Journey.