Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On June 28, 2015 we had our 24,500,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an incubator and educator for new ways of doing religion reporting and understanding the postsecular city. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (62 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (55 comments)
Journey snow days great for faith photos!
- Boyd K. Packer, Advocate of Conservative Mormonism, Dies at 90 July 5, 2015Next in line to become president of the Mormon Church, Mr. Packer spoke for those in the church who resisted social change.
- ‘The Word That Is a Prayer’ July 5, 2015Poem selected by Natasha Trethewey.
- The Appeal of Christian Piety July 5, 2015Why some evangelical Christian women find church sex manuals empowering.
- Gay marriage ruling leaves debate about religious liberty wide open July 5, 2015Two blockbuster cases dominated the docket at the United States Supreme Court in its recently-concluded term – one stands as a civil rights landmark, the other is slipping into quiet obscurity. Recommended: Do you know the legal fight over same-sex marriage? While the same-sex marriage decision will reverberate for years, the high court’s ruling in […]
- Suicide bomber kills six at church in Nigeria July 5, 2015A suicide bomber killed six people at a church on Sunday in Potiskum, a town in northeast Nigeria hit by suspected Boko Haram attacks in the past, a Red Cross official and a witness said. "People were just going to the church when the bomber entered, otherwise the casualty figure would have been higher," said […]
- On his native turf, Pope Francis touches on cherished issues July 5, 2015QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — History's first Latin American pope returns to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time on Sunday, bringing a message of solidarity with the region's poor, who are expected to turn out in droves to welcome their native son home.
July 1, 2015, 6:00am EDT
The electric hair clippers extend like they are a scepter. Here, the customer can relax and be taken care of like a prince.
June 22, 2015, 11:42am EDT
Religious leaders in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn leap to defend their community & nation against the spiritual evil seen in the Charleston, South Carolina murders.
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
This ACM church also hosts a Cambodian congregation!
Pastor Eduardo Pilpa
Alianza Cristiana y Misionara, Morrisania, Bronx
790 Elton Ave,(718) 665-9073
Pastor Lydia Lebron-Rivera
La Resurreccion, Bronx
Small church with a strong youth focus.
Try our summer camp!
100-50 196th St
Pastor Mark Chapman
Hollis Presbyterian Church, Queens
Interesting, thoughtful pastor; we definitely want to stop here again!
Pastor Jose Gonzalez-Colon
First Spanish Presbyterian Church, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Thank you for extensive comments on problems in the neighborhood.
Pastor Jorge Chang
Iglesia Biblica Restauracion, Sunnyside, Queens
Thank you for helping us, pastor!
St. James Lutheran Church, Brooklyn
Rev. Hamet Mercado
La Piedra Viva, Sunset Park, Brooklyn
People from over 18 countries worship here!
Rev Plinio Baez
Iglesia Bautista, Elmhurst, Queens
Concerned for families and helping people with substance abuse.
Rev. Neil A Morgetson
Sunnyside Reformed Church, Queens
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
Sufjan Stevens on faith & life in the Noisy Age
On March 31 Brooklyn artist released album “Carrie & Lowell” in honor of his mother and step-dad.
The Welcome Wagon's "Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices"
Mi Casa Uptown
@RichPerez729 Christ Crucified Fellowship, Washington Heights Growing up in Uptown NYC, a trip to the grocery store isn't just a trip to the grocery store. It's a time to getaway and say whats up to friends, go on adventure, see things and share your world with friends. I hope we never lose that sense of faith and adventure as we grow older. Lyrics: Rich Perez Production: Andy Mineo Video Work: Scouts Honor Media