Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On February 5, 2016 we had our 30,000,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an incubator and educator for new ways of doing religion reporting and understanding the postsecular city. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (63 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (56 comments)
Our crack reporter senses the Buddha is close.
- A Tabletop Sanctuary February 17, 2016For Imam Khalid Latif, a chaplain of the New York Police Department, his dining table provides a haven.
- The Twain Shall Meet February 14, 2016Are religion and science locked in a zero-sum struggle for supremacy, or is there room for common ground?
- As Bernie Sanders Makes History, Jews Wonder What It Means February 11, 2016Mr. Sanders is the first Jewish candidate in U.S. history to win a presidential primary. Some Jews celebrated. Others had mixed feelings.
- Church talks help make Cuba 'perfect place for negotiations' February 11, 2016HAVANA (AP) — The heads of the Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox churches will hold a historic meeting Friday in the threadbare international airport of an officially secular, communist-run tropical island.
- Pope takes bridge-building mission to Mexico February 10, 2016Prior to embarking on his long-planned February 12-17 tour of Mexico, the 79-year-old pontiff will stop over in Havana for a historic meeting with the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill. The son of Italian emigrants to Argentina, Francis was not under any pressure to go to Mexico, which was graced by the […]
- Pope visit to Mexico basilica highlights Guadalupe influence February 10, 2016MEXICO CITY (AP) — A weathered pastel image of the Virgin of Guadalupe hangs from German Herrera Hernandez's dashboard, watching over his passengers from her perch next to his cigarettes, gum and the handful of coins he uses to make change.
February 5, 2016, 6:00am EST
Jesus is a good cure for fear. God gives believers the power, the love, the sound mind required to conquer any fear. And what more ...
February 3, 2016, 6:00am EST
The independent online religion news magazine, A Journey through NYC religions, was launched in 2010.
February 1, 2016, 6:00am EST
Listicles, memes, and photo lists fueled new startups' ascent to the most viewed entertainment and news providers.
January 27, 2016, 12:34pm EST
Don't see Trump or Clinton as very religious
January 24, 2016, 12:04pm EST
Journey has never stopped for a blizzard!
January 20, 2016, 6:00am EST
The 21st Century brought the rise of websites gushing with digital creations connected by fast, big rivers of data made possible by broadband networks, faster ...
January 18, 2016, 8:30am EST
Martin Luther King, Jr.'s appearance at Billy Graham's 1957 evangelistic crusade in NYC infuriated segregationists.
January 18, 2016, 6:00am EST
Executive Director of the Islamic Center at New York University & Chaplain, NYPD. Plus MLK Day event listing
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
Unique for their counseling and reconciliation efforts.
Pastor Kleber Rubio
Iglesia Pentecostal La Senda Antigua
Special concerts and 1pm Spanish Service.
37-57 104th St, Corona, Queens
Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church
How are we unique? Food, food, food, food...to the needy of Katrina, Haiti, tsunami & Caribbean islands.
Mrs. Betty Williams
Bible Way Church of God, Flatbush, Brooklyn
Bishop Erick Salgado
Iglesia de Evangelizacion Misionera Jovenes Cristianos
"Evangelism, Missions and Worship: it's in our name!"
Rev. Manuel Santiago
Iglesias de Evangelizacion Misionera Pentecostal, North Staten Island
Click image for info on Mosque City NY
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
"Moses Goes Down" by Nina Paley
Exodus 3-7 featuring Moses & the Burning Bush. Music by Louis Armstrong & Sy Oliver’s Orchestra
"The Fire of the Messiah" by Gad Elbaz
Israeli folk singer Gad Elbaz and his father Benny Elbaz's duet "The Fire of the Messiah" (in Hebrew, Esh Shel Mashiach). "I have the fire of the Messiah, the fire of the Messiah in my heart."
Nina Paley's "Frogs"
Video of Exodus 3-7 featuring Moses & the Burning Bush. Music by Louis Armstrong & Sy Oliver’s Orchestra