Religion Newswriters Award for best in-depth religion reporting in a series.
Who are we?
On April 14, 2015 we had our 23,000,000th viewer! We are #1 on Google search for "NYC religion." We were founded on July 9, 2010 and continue with your support. Thank-you so very much!
We are exploring the postsecular city.
Join us as we travel down all 6,374.9 miles of our city's streets, every alleyway and quite a few hallways to map and photograph every religious site and to interview clergy and lay leaders at the sites.
We are an online magazine that ventures new ways of reporting about religion. We are nonsectarian and nonpartisan and open to anyone's cool and authoritative reporting on NYC religion.
We are a public square for the postsecular city. People of faith, people of no faith, liberals, conservatives--all are welcomed to journey together to make this city better for all people. Our warmest feelings are toward those who help the poor, the needy, and the abused.
- New York Times new President/CEO says Christianity is based on objective truth (86 comments)
- NY Times joins A Journey in Jamaica, Queens! (78 comments)
- Muslims in New York City, Part I (66 comments)
- OpEd: Tim Keller on "NYC School's Decision to Ban Churches" (62 comments)
- The Yin and Yang of Old School PKs, Part 2. Roderick Caesar, Jr.--A Consistent Path (55 comments)
Journey snow days great for faith photos!
- Her Majesty’s Jihadists April 19, 2015More British Muslims have joined Islamist militant groups than serve in the country’s armed forces. How to understand the pull of jihad.
- Mona Eltahawy Doesn’t Need to Be Rescued April 19, 2015The author of “Headscarves and Hymens” talks about being attacked in Tahrir Square, being criticized by Arab women and remaining Muslim through it all.
- The Muddied Meaning of ‘Mindfulness’ April 19, 2015If the word seems like a badge for the self-satisfied set, that’s because its true meaning has become obscured.
- Cardinal Francis George, key Catholic orthodoxy voice, dies April 18, 2015CHICAGO (AP) — Cardinal Francis George, a vigorous defender of Roman Catholic orthodoxy who played a key role in the church's response to the clergy sex abuse scandal and led the U.S. bishops' fight against Obamacare, has died after a long fight with cancer. He was 78.
- US Catholic Church shells out $150 mln over pedophilia April 18, 2015The Catholic Church in the US forked out $120 million to victims of sexual abuse at the hands of clergy and $30 million on pedophile prevention programs over 12 months, according to an annual report. The bulk of the $150 million between June of 2013 and 2014 was spent on compensation, therapy and legal fees […]
- Pope considering Cuba visit in September: Vatican April 17, 2015Pope Francis, who played a role in the diplomatic thaw between Washington and Havana, is considering a visit to Cuba as part of his US trip in September, the Vatican said Friday. The Vatican stressed that, while contact has been made with Cuban officials, it was too early to confirm whether the trip would take […]
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn has begun!
Pastor says, Looking for immigrant dreams, who knows when one will regain the high bed of soft pillows? Only God gives rest.
Church of Grace to the Fujianese, Sunset Park, Brooklyn
The church is preparing to serve breakfast to day laborers who now often can't get a job or food for the day.
Pastor Jose Velez
La Iglesia de Dios
Movie ministry to community, working with ex-offenders
90 Moore St
Sun 11am Spanish/English
Pastor James Cruz
Cristo El Mesias, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
"We work hard to help people to mature in Christ."
Rev Lissie Cook
New Brighton Church of God in Christ, SI
A mosaic of nations and ethnicities.
149-40 11th Ave
Rev David Demera
Evangelical Immanuel Lutheran, Whitestone, Queens
We are an "old school" church with "old school" values with a 21st Century mindset.
108 Manhattan Ave
Rev Jose Velez
La Iglesia De Dios, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Street ministry, broadcasting, translating Chinese material into English.
39-07 Prince St
Rev Chih Ho
Living Water Church, Flushing, Queens
We started in a garage, and the seed has grown! Family centered.
23-17 Francis Lewis Blvd
Pastor David Wong
Covenant Church, Whitestone, Queens
Our biggest ministries are with youth, health and community service.
1695 Washington Ave, (718) 299-3966
Dr. J. Kendall Guy
Bronx Seventh Day Adventist Church, Bronx
Twitter updatesMy Tweets
- Bible NYC Exhibit
Updated weekly with new videos, photos and articles on the use of the Bible in NYC.
Sufjan Stevens on faith & life in the Noisy Age
On March 31 Brooklyn artist released album “Carrie & Lowell” in honor of his mother and step-dad.
The Welcome Wagon's "Precious Remedies Against Satan’s Devices"
Mi Casa Uptown
@RichPerez729 Christ Crucified Fellowship, Washington Heights Growing up in Uptown NYC, a trip to the grocery store isn't just a trip to the grocery store. It's a time to getaway and say whats up to friends, go on adventure, see things and share your world with friends. I hope we never lose that sense of faith and adventure as we grow older. Lyrics: Rich Perez Production: Andy Mineo Video Work: Scouts Honor Media